Procedure clarifications from OCEM
The Orange County Emergency Operation Center is receiving an abundance of calls for Houston, Galveston and other areas of Texas. This number (409) 886-8610, is for questions related to Orange County residents.
We are receiving a large volume of calls concerning FEMA questions and power outages.
FEMA questions: Please contact FEMA by www.fema.gov or 1-800-621-3362(FEMA)
Citizens should keep good records and receipts of purchases.
Power outages please contact Entergy www.entergy-texas.com
* Debris Removal begins Thursday, September 18th. Please follow instructions as to how to place your garbage and white goods at curb side.
* Orange County remain under mandatory evacuation
* Orange County remains under curfew: Midnight – 6:00 a.m. for Orange County & all incorporated cities
* Bridge City: 7:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
* 3 PODS Remain in Orange County (Bridge City Intermediate School, Oak Forest Elem. School-Vidor & BIG LOTS parking lot
* Over 4000 house to house visits made by Pathfinders
* 4 Feeding locations (hot meals) by the RED CROSS (Old First Baptist Church, Bridge City Wal-Mart, Rose City, City Hall, Red Cross Bldg)
* Salvation Army – MLK Drive
* over 2500 Hot meals served at VWF Thursday
* Citizens should drive safe. DPS reports several intersections missing stops and drivers should pay close attention to intersections.
* NO Shelters in Orange County
* Continue to have limited fuel, water & services available
* FEMA will place a Mobile Disaster Recovery Center and offer Individual Assistance placed at Bridge City High School 09/18/08
* Hot Meals served at Bridge City High School 09/18/08