Pinehurst police reports
Pinehurst police worked intoxication, assault and criminal mischief cases the last week of June and the first week of July, according to Chief Fred Hanauer III.
Eric Kendall Bloom, 45, of Orange, was charged with public intoxication July 1 after he was reported by workers at a store on Martin Luther King Jr. Drive. He was transported to Baptist Orange Hospital, where he refused treatment. Officer Brian Foley investigated.
Also July 1, Officer Dana Robnett responded to the 1700 block of 30th Street in reference to warrant service. Alisha Hunt, 29, was arrested for two forgery warrants.
Other reports include:
• June 30: Foley responded to W. Harding Drive in Pinehurst in reference to a disturbance. The reportee stated that his girlfriend assaulted him and damaged his vehicle by striking it with a brick and then kicking it. She left prior to Foley’s arrival. Charges are pending.
• July 1: A woman reported that her child’s father discharged a firearm following a disagreement concerning visitation for their child; in the 1600 block of Shady Lane.
• July 1: Foley responded to the 2200 block of MacArthur drive in reference to criminal mischief to a vehicle. It was reported that someone damaged a vehicle by puncturing the tires, scratching the paint, damaging the side mirrors and fuel door. Damage is estimated at $1300
• July 4: Officer Michael Dempsey observed a black male walking in the 2900 block of West Park Avenue in Pinehurst. When Dempsey prepared to speak to him, he fled on foot. Officer Dempsey later located a Ruger brand, 9 mm semi-auto handgun on the ground where the male first began running. A search was unsuccessful.
• July 5: Dempsey met with a complainant at the Pinehurst Police Department. She reported that she was assaulted by her ex-boyfriend in the 3000 block of Macarthur Drive, where she resides.
• July 5: Officer Keith Reneau responded to 3500 Redbird in Pinehurst in reference to theft of a lawn mower. The complainant reported that her Craftsman self-propelled lawn mower was stolen from her carport sometime last night.