This week’s KEEPER recipe was sent to me by my nephew, Daniel McJunkin’s wife, Jennie. This breakfast explains the true reason for celebrating Easter day. It illustrates how our Lord conquered death that we may have everlasting life.
*Tell the “story” as preparing and serving these rolls.
EMPTY TOMB ROLLS
1 (10 oz.) pkg. Jumbo Refrigerated Crescent Rolls
¼ cup sugar
1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
8 large marshmallows
¼ cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375○. Prepare muffin tin (Preferably Jumbo size) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Separate rolls into 8 triangles and set aside. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Dip each marshmallow into melted butter, then roll in cinnamon-sugar and place on each triangle of dough. Pinch dough around the marshmallow, sealing all edges. Make sure to seal well or the entire marshmallow will escape.
- Dip tops of dough into the remaining butter and then into the cinnamon-sugar. Place roll with the sugar side up into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake at 375○ for 13-15 minutes. Eat while warm.
- Read the Easter story from the Bible found in Matthew 27-28; Mark 15-16; Luke 23-24 and/or John 19-20. If you are not familiar with the Bible the story is recounted by these four men; the story is virtually the same but is found in these four places in the Bible.
- Jesus = the marshmallow.
- After Jesus died on the cross he was wrapped in linen = then roll in butter and cinnamon.
- Jesus placed in tomb = crescent roll dough.
- Third day Jesus has and is no longer in the tomb = open baked roll to find there is no marshmallow.