Sex offender arrested in Austin
Jefferey Phillip Paige, 24, a Texas 10 Most Wanted Sex Offender, is now in custody after being captured on May 9 in Austin. Paige was wanted for failure to register as a sex offender and probation violation. The arrest was the result of tip information, and a reward up to $5,000 will be paid.
Based on tip information, DPS Criminal Investigations Division (CID) coordinated with the Austin Police Department to locate and arrest Paige at an apartment complex in Austin. Paige’s criminal history includes aggravated sexual assault of a child and burglary of a vehicle. For more information, see his captured bulletin at:
So far in 2015, DPS and other agencies have arrested 13 Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitives and Sex Offenders, including 11 sex offenders, and $29,000 in rewards has been paid for tips that resulted in arrests.
To be eligible for the cash rewards, there are five different ways to provide anonymous tips:
- Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
- Text the letters DPS – followed by your tip – to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone.
- Submit a web tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about, and then clicking on the link under their picture.
- Submit a Facebook tip at http://www.facebook.com/texas10mostwanted by clicking the “SUBMIT A TIP” link (under the “About” section).
- Submit a tip through the DPS mobile app. The app is currently available for iPhone users on the Apple App Store (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/texas-dps/id902092368?mt=8) and for Android users on Google Play (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microassist.texasdps&hl=en).
All tips are anonymous – regardless of how they are submitted.
DPS investigators work with local law enforcement agencies to select fugitives featured in the Texas 10 Most Wanted Program. To view the current lists – with photos – visit the DPS website at http://www.dps.texas.gov/texas10mostwanted/.
Do not attempt to apprehend these fugitives; they are considered armed and dangerous.