Isaacs named Orangefield’s Student of the Month
The Bridge City Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce that the Student of the Month for Orangefield High School is Morgan Isaacs. Morgan was presented her certificate and gift bag by Chamber Ambassador Beth Arnold at the April 12th coffee hosted by Total Impressions Salon. She received gift certificates and gifts from several local merchants.
Morgan is the daughter of Criag and Melissa Isaacs. She has a GPA of 3.68 and is ranked 42nd of 118. Morgan’s awards and honors include:
- Art BRAVO Award – Commissioned Cabinet displayed at the Stark Museum
- “BIG O” Award for ART
- Recognized for the Southeast Texas State Fair Art Contest
- Recognized for the Houston Rodeo Art Contest
Morgan’s clubs and organizations include:
- National Honor Society
- Art Club
- Friends of Rachel Club
- Advanced Journalism – Yearbook
- Spirit Club
- Liberty Baptist Church Youth Group
- Jamie Olphant Photography Model
In community service, Morgan has volunteered at: Bridge City/Orangefield Ministerial Alliance as a greater, intake information, cleaning and food distribution; Hospitality Center in Port Arthur serving food and working in the kitchen; toy and clothing drives; food drives; and Vacation Bible School leader.
- Johnson, Government/Economics teacher, said, “Morgan is a sweet young lady with an amazing talent. She is a good student who not only cares for her own grades, but is very helpful to other students in the class. A very well-rounded student who will be successful in the future.”
- Windham, Art teacher, said, “I have taught Morgan for 4 years. She is attentive, polite, motivated and has won numerous art contests. She also worked independently for months on large, very colorfully decorated cabinet for a local business. She came in before school, after school and anytime she could to complete the project. I couldn’t be more proud of her if she were my own. She’s definitely a favorite of all teachers who work with her. I will miss her tremendously next year; but I am very excited for the prospects of her accomplishments in college!”
After graduation, Morgan plans to attend Lamar State College Orange to pursue a Nursing degree.