Orange County grand jury indicts 27
Weapons and drug charges topped Orange County grand jury indictments released Friday, according to District Attorney John Kimbrough’s office.
Individuals listed are from Orange unless otherwise indicated. Indictments include:
• Felony possession of a controlled substance: Larry Roberts Jr., 32; Emanuel Leon Brackens, 21; Quentin Gerald Spikes, 38; Aaron Leslie Cole, 19; and Eddie Ezelle Hinton, 38. Also, Robert Lee Campbell, 39; Michael Royce Sturgeon, 40; and Gerardine Jagneaux Venable, 47, all of Vidor.
• Robbery: Troy Dean Carruth, 43. A man assaulted a woman and stole property from her at a truck stop in Orange.
• Aggravated sexual assault: Jamie Blanchard Jr. 20, of Beaumont.
• Aggravated robbery: Brandon Darrell Wilson, 31, and Kelly Mancina, 31. Two persons robbed a convenience store at gunpoint; and Debra Renee Kelly, 46. A woman pulled a knife on a store employee who suspected her of theft.
• Theft of firearms: Cory Lee McGee, 19. A man stole a firearm from a residence in Orange.
* Burglary of a habitiation: Brenda Joyce Jack, 46, and James Arthur Carter, 26. Two persons entered an Orange residence and stole money.
• Securing execution of a document by deception: Tabitha Davenport, 35; and Susan Elizabeth McPhail, 30, of Bridge City. Two women lied about their husbands’ employment income in order to obtain excessive welfare benefits.
• Tampering with a governmental record: Joseph Nathan Higginbotham, 45. A man lied about a felony drug conviction in order to obtain welfare benefits.
• Felony possession of marijuana: David Wayne Laas Jr., 24, of Buna; and Jason Christopher Ware, 21, and Raymond Wayne Buentello, 23, both of Vidor.
• Felony theft (charges related to worthless checks): Bobby Lee Spoonmore, 34; James Lloyd Standley, 20, of Bridge City; and Dycleshia Naytrames Nelson, 24.
• Felony evading arrest or detention: Jacqueline Denise Jones, 39.
• Felony assault: Troy Wayne Ball, 60, of Vidor.
• Burglary of a habitation: Kevin Lee Madison, 28, of Vidor.