General Information on Hurricane Relief
To register for FEMA the following applies:
• Register by telephone by calling 1-800-621-3362
• Register online at www.fema.gov
• Register in person at a Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) at the Orange County Administration, 123 S. 6th Street in Orange or a Mobile Emergency Registration Center at Bridge City High School, 2690 Texas Avenue in Bridge City.
To apply for disaster-related unemployment the following applies.
(Please note you must apply for regular benefits before filing for disaster related unemployment.)
• Apply by telephone by calling 1-800-939-6631
• Apply online at www.texasworkforce.org
• MHMR – Services 1-800-937-8097
• Kidney Dialysis patients can call 1-866-407-3773 to locate dialysis services.
TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF INSURANCE:
• For Legal Aid assistance contact 1-800-504-7030
• Other needed insurance assistance 1-800-582-5233
BLUE ROOF PROGRAM:
Blue Roof program is available for homeowners who have damage to their roofs. The program is free and available through the Corps of Engineers and FEMA.
• Bridge City High School – 2690 Texas Ave., Bridge City, TX
• 195 West Bolivar, Vidor, TX
• 1-800-718-6464, take option 4, and register for program
• Must have proper ID
• First shelter opens at WOS Middle School – 500 North 13th St., Orange
• This shelter will provide evacuees returning from San Antonio and Marshall a safe place to sleep, shower, and meals as they begin recovery efforts.
• WOS Middle School –
• Red Cross Shelters can not accommodate pets.
• People coming to shelter should bring: pillows and bedding, diapers and formula for your children; prescription medicines, toiletries; food to meet any special dietary needs they may have.
• Red Cross @ Old First Baptist Church – IH-10 Feeder Road & Tulane
• Red Cross @ VFW – N. Hwy 87
• Red Cross @ Bridge City High School
• Red Cross with mobile units going through affected neighborhoods
• Salvation Army – 1950 MLK; Orange
• Salvation Army – West Orange City Hall
• Salvation Army – Bridge City First Baptist Church – W. Roundbunch
• Salvation Army – Methodist Church, Court Street – Vidor
• ACTS Disaster Relief Organization @ Serving at Bridge City High School
RED CROSS SUPPLIES:
• Red Cross Chapter – 3901 IH-10, cleaning kits, personal care kits, diapers, etc.
• Richard’s Parking Lot (Old Luby’s) IH-10 Rakes, gloves, shovels, etc.
• Bridge City Intermediate School – W. Roundbunch
• Oak Forest Elementary – Hwy 12; Vidor – ends 7:00 pm 9/22/08
• BIG LOTS Shopping Center – McArthur Dr. – ends 7:00 pm 9/22/08
To apply for emergency food stamps the following applies:
• Apply by telephone by calling 1-877-541-7905
• Apply in person at the Texas Department of Health and Human Services located at 2222 Gloria Drive in Orange. You may reach them by telephone by calling (409) 886-4475. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Applications for emergency food stamps must be submitted October 17, 2008.
VIDOR WIC OFFICE:
• 409-783-9164 for Vidor participants only