Emergency Management Office area update
1. WOS Middle School-500 N. 13th (will close Oct. 7)
2. Lady of Lords Catholic Church 1600 N Main, Vidor
3. First Baptist Church Orangefield, Hwy 105
All POD locations are closed.
RED CROSS will operate all feeding distribution sites with mobile units going through neighborhoods. The main kitchen will be located at North Orange Baptist Church with the cooking provided by the Southern Baptist Men’s Association.
SALVATION ARMY will continue 3 feeding sites as long as there is a need. Salvation Army will begin taking applications on Wednesday, October 1st. Citizens needing services can call the Salvation Army at 883-4232. Interviews should last approximately 45 minutes. Feeding site locations listed below. Will continue to supply cleaning kits, clothes and miscellaneous items.
1. West Orange City Hall, Orange
2. First Baptist Church, Bridge City
3. Salvation Army MLK, Orange,
FEMA HAS TWO MOBILE DISASTER RECOVERY UNITS IN ORANGE:
1. Parking lot of County Administration Bldg. 123 S. 6th Street, Orange.
2. Bridge City High School
1. BLUE ROOF PROGRAM- Has changed locations to the Kroger parking lot, located at 16th Street, Orange
CURFEW REMAINS IN EFFECT:
1. Bridge City – 7:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
2. Orange County and all incorporated Cities – 12:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m.
DEBRIS REMOVAL: Debris removal continues. Public is asked not to post “do not touch” signs on debris piles as this will only delay the operations. Citizens are asked to keep good records, pictures and video of personal belongings for insurance purposes and proceed with removal of debris to the curb side as instructed. Public urged not to block file hydrants or mail boxes with debris.
HEALTH DEPARTMENT: Health Department will give T-dap vaccination at West Orange Community Center, Monday 29th, through Wednesday 1st, 9:30 am to 3:00 pm. Enter the Austin Street Entrance. For ages 25 & up only. Charge is $5.00 while supplies last. Thursday, October 2nd and Friday, October 3rd, 9:30 am to 3:00 pm at Vidor Community Center.