Pinehurst responds to morning fire
The Pinehurst Fire Department was dispatched around 11 a.m., Friday, to a structure fire on Lark Street. They found the building ingulfed in heavy smoke and flames upon arrival. The roof had already collapsed, according to Fire Cheif Grady Gray.
Assistance was given by the West Orange Volunteer, Orange County E.S.D. #3 (Little Cypress) and Orange County E.S.D. # 4 (Mclewis) Fire Departments.
The fire was extinguished with the only injury being to the home owner’s thumb. He recieved a minor burn with trying to put out the fire. The owner’s three small dogs were removed from the building without any injuries, also.
Gray stated candles left burning were determined to be the cause of the fire. There are no charges pending.