Corrections officer charged in ‘sting’, 30 other indictments released
Charges of felony theft involving an Orange County corrections officer, and the brief escape of a convicted felon topped Orange County grand jury results released Friday.
Individuals listed are from Orange unless otherwise indicated.
Charged with felony theft is Clifford Wayne Gonzales, 30. According to District Attorney John Kimbrough’s office, the corrections officer at the county jail is accused of buying stolen property in a sting operations conducted by the sheriff’s office.
Charged with failure to stop and render aid is Sharon Marie Briehof, 55. The accusation stems from an April incident in which Briehof allegedly struck and killed Jennifer Jagneaux on Farm Road 105.
Milton Paul Warren, 45, is charged with unlawful possession of a firearm by felon and felony escape. Authorities say he was found in possession of a weapon and, once arrested, escaped custody of police but later apprehended.
Other felony theft charges went to William Bryce Matthews, 28, Angela Nicole Cheatwood, 33, of Deweyville; and Daniel Gene Johnson, 60, of Vidor.
Also charged with unlawful possession of firearm by a felon is Tommy Lynn Clifton Jr., 29, of Vinton, La.; Jarvis Tremaine Broussard, 37; and Birt McBay, 56. McBay also faces charges of felony possession of marihuana.
Charged with burglary of a building is Maron Wayne Ezell Jr., 27, of Lumberton; John Christian Colbert, 28, Jason Dean Huston, 26; and Randy Kent Ware, 51, all of Bridge City; Cody Wayne Ritter, 29; and Mark Eugene Hurst, 44, of Houston.
Other charges released Friday include:
• Criminal non-support: Richard Jon Festa, 60, of Highland Beach, Fla.; and Bobby James Cotton Jr., 33.
• Felony possession of a controlled substance: Ryan Underwood, 23; Ronald Lee Hasley, 37; Kurt Austin Collier, 31; Natasha Noreen Weir, 24, of Vidor.
• Felony DWI: Johanna Patterson Netterville, 48, of Vidor; Oscar May, 55; Michael Wayne Singer, 51, of Vidor; and Sharon Marie Watson, 21, of Cincinnati.
• Aggravated robbery: Joshua Horn, 19, of Vidor; and Jeremy Daniel Williams, 19, of Newton.
• DWI with a child passenger: John Joseph Childers, 30, and Rebecca Nicole Blanchette, 21, of Beaumont.
• Tampering with governmental record: Pamela Nicole Philmon, 30, of Vidor.
• Aggravated assault: Cinderella Marie Collins, 45.
• Felony forgery: James Douglas Davis, 48, of Baytown.