BCISD “bomb scare” determined to be a hoax
A ‘bomb scare’ was called into Bridge City Independent School at around noon Wednesday. The threat has been determined as a hoax according to BCISD Superintendent Dr. Jamey Harrison.
“The phone call was vague and nonspecific,” Harrison said, “All emergency measures were put into effect.”
BCISD remained in lock down for about an hour as school security services and the Bridge City Police Department searches found nothing. The search was assisted by the Orange County Sheriffs Department and other law enforcement agencies.
“The hoax is under investigation,” Harrison said, “We intend to press charges once it has been determined from were the call originated and the perpetrator has been apprehended.”
Last week a similar hoax was called into Port Neches-Groves ISD.