A North Texas man was executed Tuesday in the 1998 torture-slaying

of a 19-year-old mentally challenged woman exactly 13 years ago.


Wayne Hall, 31, received lethal injection less than an hour after the

U.S. Supreme Court refused to stop his punishment for the abduction and

murder of Amy Robinson, 19, of Arlington.

The second man convicted in her death, Robert Neville, was put to death five years ago.

“I would like to give my sincere apology to Amy’s family,” Hall said as he was strapped to the death chamber gurney. “We caused a lot of heartache, grief, pain and suffering, and I am sorry. I know it won’t bring her back.”

Weeping, Hall also spoke of his faith in Jesus Christ. “Even though I have to die for my mistake, he paid for mine by wages I could never pay. Here I am a big strong youngster, crying like a baby. I am man enough to show my emotions and I am sorry. I wish I could take it back but I can’t. I can’t take it back.”

The victim’s sisters Amanda and Ruth Ann Robinson and two of the victim’s friends witnessed the execution, along with two friends of the condemned.

The lethal doses of sodium thiopental, pancromium bromide and potassium chloride were administered to Hall at 6:14 p.m. He was pronounced dead at 6:23 p.m.

Hall and Neville lured Robinson into their car as she walked to her job at a Kroger store in Arlington. They drove her to a remote Fort Worth location and first tortured her by

shooting her repeatedly with a pellet rifle. They then used a .22

caliber rifle before eventually shooting her in the head.

They were caught at the border when they were attempting to leave the state.

Hall became the first Texas death row inmate to be executed in 2011.


month, Cleve Foster was scheduled to die Tuesday, Jan. 11, 2011. Foster,


received a last hour reprieve by the U.S. Supreme Court to review the

case. The appeal failed and Foster’s new execution date has been set

for April 5.

Hall who was a laborer before his

incarceration had a ninth grade education.

Timothy Wayne Adams is set to die next week for fatally shooting his

19-month-old son during an argument with his estranged wife at their

apartment in Houston.