Monday afternoon, Officer R.C. Campbell was dispatched to the 6300 block of Rosewood in reference to an attempted burglary of a vehicle. Once the officer arrived at the residence, he spoke to the victim. She told him she returned home for lunch just after noon and while she was inside the residence, she heard a loud noise outside.

She went outside to see what had caused the noise, and noticed that someone had attempted to enter her vehicle by throwing a landscape block through the passenger side window.

The victim told Officer Campbell that she left her purse in the vehicle on the passenger seat, in plain sight of the 2005 Chevrolet Malibu. The suspect was unable to get into the vehicle.

Officer Campbell said that as he was en route to the residence, he saw a white male wearing a gray t-shirt and blue jeans walking toward the victim’s residence in the 6000 block of Rosewood. As the officer drove past the man, he ran south through several yards and into a wooded area off Armitage.

Several units assisted in the search for the man, but he was not located.

On Tuesday, a call was dispatched to the same neighborhood about a burglary in process, this time in the 6400 block of Rosewood. While en route to this call, officers were advised that the suspect was wearing a white t-shirt and blue jeans.

As officers arrived, the suspect fled toward Hwy.87, then back toward Dawnwood toward a Ford Explorer, parked at the corner of Dawnwood and Rosewood.

Upon arrival to scene of the attempted burglary, officers made contact with John Ezell who said he has seen somebody in his neighbor’s car. Ezell described the suspect as tall and wearing a white shirt with dark or blue pants.

Ezell told officers that the suspect was in his neighbor’s red Toyota Corolla, which was located at 6408 Rosewood. He also noticed the suspect had entered his black Jeep Wrangler.

Officers began searching the area for the suspect and Officer Caleb Davis began collecting evidence from the victim’s and possible suspect vehicle.

The evidence collected was taken to the Orange Police Department and stored.