DOTD announces road closure on I-10 for bridge repair
The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD) announced today that I-10 eastbound will be closed to all traffic at Exit 44 (Kinder) beginning Saturday, November 2, at4 a.m. until Wednesday, November 6, at 4 a.m., weather permitting. This closure is necessary for crews to perform bridge repair work.
The detour for motorists will consist of the following routes:
I-10 Eastbound traffic:
- Exit 44 to U.S. 165, then north 3.5 miles to La. 101, then east on La. 101 for 4.8 miles to I-10.
To avoid delays at Exit 44, suggested detours include:
- For motorists coming from Texas on I-10 eastbound, take La. 12 and continue east on U.S. 190.
- La. 12 can be accessed from I-10 at Exit 4 (Toomey), then north on La. 109, continue driving for 12 miles to La. 12 (Starks).
- U.S. 190 can be accessed from I-10 at Exit 33 (Lake Charles), proceed north on U.S. 171, continue driving 19 miles to U.S. 190 (Ragley).
· I-10 eastbound traffic can detour around the closure area by exiting onto U.S. 90 (Exit 31B) and then traveling east on U.S. 90 to La. 101 in Lacassine before turning left along La. 101 to reconnect with I-10.
DOTD regrets any inconvenience this necessary work may cause and appreciates your patience.