Man electrocuted while working on a/c unit
Friday, June 19, at about 1:57 p.m., the Orange County Sheriff’s Office responded along with Acadian Ambulance and the Bridge City Fire Department to the Orangefield Junior High School on Sandbar Road in Orangefield, in reference to a person who was electrocuted.
On arrival, Deputies learned that an electrical crew working for a contractor was doing work for the school on a new air conditioning unit. One of the workers came in contact with an electrical panel that was live and was electrocuted. Medical personnel with Acadian attempted life saving measures on scene and also while enroute to the Baptist Hospital ER in Orange. The man was pronounced dead at the hospital. Justice of the Peace Precinct #3 Judge Joy Dubose-Simonton ordered an autopsy.
The man has been identified as Tommy Moser, 54, of Laporte. An investigation into the death is ongoing, but early indication is that it was an accident.