College beginners have questions, LSC-O has answers
Staff Report – The Record Live
Beginning a college career can be an exciting experience, but it can also be intimidating. For students of Lamar State College – Orange a New Student Orientation will be held on Wednesday, July 29. The orientation will familiarize new students with the LSC-0 campus and the Academic and Student Support Services available.
The event will take place at the Student Center Gymnasium from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
The Fall Session begins August 24. An on campus registration will be held on Saturday, Aug. 22, 9 a.m. until 12 p.m.
During the New Student Orientation LSCO administrators and staffers will answer many of the common questions of students beginning their educational career at the campus:
Where are classes located?
How will I obtain my grades?
Where can I receive free tutoring?
Where can I park?
I am registered to take online and hybrid classes, what do I do?
What will happen to my financial aid if I drop a class?
In order to register for classes you must already be admitted to the college via the steps below:
- Complete an application for admission online at www.applytexas.org
- Submit all required official transcripts or GED scores
- Provide approval of bacterial meningitis vaccination (if under the age of 22).
- Provide a copy of driver’s license and social security card
- Take required placement exam (Texas Success Initiative Assessment – TSIA) unless otherwise exempt.
Please contact Admissions & Records if you have any questions regarding your eligibility to register for classes or any of the steps above: 409-882-3364 or Admissions.Records@lsco.edu. Or for questions regarding orientation please contact Whitney Richard at 409-882-3955 or Whitney.Richard@lsco.edu.