OC EDC releases strategic initiatives
The Orange County Economic Development Corporation has outlined its strategic focus for the 2017-2018 cycle to coincide with the International Economic Development Council’s 2017 Economic Development Week celebration.
Last fall the OCEDC hosted a series of community focus group discussions to gather input from the business leaders and citizens on the economic development efforts of Orange County. The analysis of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats resulted in several prominent goals and implementation strategies. The OCEDC has identified the following five initiatives as areas of strategic focus.
· Identify specific parcels of land that have the potential to bring growth to Orange County through industrial, commercial and residential development, and remove barriers that could potentially hinder progress.
· Target industry specific companies that are complementary to Orange County’s current business community by attending industry specific conferences, building relationships with consultants and advertising globally.
· Identify local individuals willing to invest in Orange County with suitable projects capable of creating economic growth.
· Improve access and availability of healthcare by reestablishing emergency and inpatient services in Orange County.
· Prioritize the reallocation of financial resources to fund the Economic Development Corporation at a level adequate for a community the size of Orange County.
“The successful implementation of these initiatives will be directly impacted by our ability to adequately fund them, and the communities’ level of commitment to embrace them,” said Jessica Hill, executive director of the Orange County Economic Development Corporation.
The Orange County Economic Development Corporation Board of Directors meets the second Monday, bi-monthly, at 3 p.m.
For more information, visit online at www.orangecountyedc.com or Facebook, or call 409-883-7770.